Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Math teacher appreciates respect and timeliness

 


Ezran Crain spoke with Mrs. Virden to find out more working as a math teacher at Waldo.


By Ezran Crain


Mrs. Virden is a math teacher that always wants to help students grab all the opportunities that are given to them even if it means being stern. All she wants is to see her students succeed.


Q:  What's your favorite part of teaching?

A: My favorite part of teaching is working with the students.


Q: What’s your least favorite part of teaching?

A: My least favorite part of teaching is working with the adults.


Q: If you weren't teaching math what other subject would you be teaching?

A: I would be teaching science because I like science and I actually used to teach science.


Q: What would you be if you weren't a teacher?

A: I would be a camp director at a national park.


Q: Why did you become a teacher?

A: I became a teacher for the kids.


Q: Why do you grade the way you do?

A: I grade to help the kids and so the kids can get many opportunities for an A.


Q: How do you feel about students being late to your class?

A: Students being late to class bugs me because it's kind of disrespectful and it interrupts others as well as your own learning time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mustangs Mirror has a new website!

 Because of school district filtering policies, The Mustangs Mirror now has a new website. You can find us at  https://sites.google.com/salk...